The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) has posted the following schedule for issuing members' tax statements for the 2008 tax year. The first date indicates when statements will be accessible on line through myPay. The second date indicates when they will be mailed out to those who have not registered for on-line access.
• Retiree Annual Statement: Dec. 10 (myPay) or Dec. 16-22 (U.S. mail)
• Retiree 1099R: Dec. 22 (myPay) or Dec. 16-22 (U.S. mail)
• Annuitant Account Statement: Dec. 15 (myPay) or Dec. 22-24 (U.S. mail)
• Annuitant 1099R: Dec. 15 (myPay) or Dec. 22-24 (U.S. mail)
• VSI/SSB W-2: Jan. 2 (only available through U.S. mail)
• Active Duty Army, Navy, Air Force W-2: Jan. 22 (myPay) or Jan. 23-29 (U.S. mail)
• Reserve Army, Navy, Air Force W-2: Jan. 2 (myPay) or Jan. 5-8 (U.S. mail)
Retirees who don't have access to myPay and have requested a hardcopy of a Retired Account Statement and a 1099R will be sent a combined mailing in late December or early January. Annuitants will receive a combined mailing of both the Annuity Account Statement and the 1099R.
If you don't receive your statement(s) by January 15, 2009, you have several options:
1. Access the myPay system
and adjust your account
2. Request a 1099R through DFAS' Interactive Voice Response System (1-888-332-7366)
3. Contact DFAS Customer Service Center at 1-800-321-1080 Additional information can be found on the DFAS Web Site.